Multi-purpose grease from ADDINOL
ADDINOL's multi-purpose greases can be used for various applications. We offer greases in different formulations and NLGI classes to meet different requirements.
Areas of application of multi-purpose greases are:
- Lubrication and sealing of roller and plain bearings
- Universal grease for vehicle lubrication
- Universal grease for all industrial sectors
- Sealing agent for the protection of bearings against contamination, corrosion and other environmental influences
- Central lubrication systems in mining and steel industry
Our multi-purpose greases consist of metal soaps such as lithium soaps or calcium soaps, which act as thickeners. Molybdenum-disulphide or graphite are added as solid lubricants if required. High-quality mineral oils are usually used as base oils for grease production. Selected additives give the multi-purpose greases the desired properties and the required robustness in use. After determination by cone penetration they typically have classes like NLGI 1, NLGI 2 or NLGI 3.
Our multi-purpose greases
An overview of all our universal greases can be found here. The greases are available in different container sizes, e.g. as cartridges of 400g, 1kg cans, buckets of 5 or 10 kg or as hobbocks (25 or 50kg) as well as drums.
Properties of multi-purpose greases
In order to meet the diverse requirements, the multi-purpose greases must have special properties. These may vary slightly depending on the specific application. Desired properties of multi-purpose greases are:
- Wide operating temperature range from approx. -30 °C to +120 °C
- High ageing resistance
- Many greases equipped with long-term lubricating properties
- Free of toxic heavy metals
- Low oil separation
- Excellent water resistance
- High stability and consistency
- Reliable corrosion protection
- High oxidation resistance
- High pressure absorption capacity (greases with EP additives)
Ask for our greases at an ADDINOL dealer near you and let us convince you of our quality "Made in Germany".